- POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Site Fabrication Engineer is supporting the delivery of the fabrication Scope of Work (SOW) at a given fabrication Supplier's site or group of Suppliers' sites (Yard).
The Site Fabrication Engineer is integrated within Yard team and is based on the fabrication Yard.
Reporting to the Project Fabrication Manager, and functionally to the Head of Fabrication Department.
The Site Fabrication Engineer will:
- Interface on daily basis with fabrication Yard to ensure a proper preparation and a safe and on time execution of the fabrications, including testing and load-out activities,
- Interface with the Office Project Team to ensure proper feedback is provided from Yard and to guarantee all technical and quality matters are properly managed as per project procedures and specifications
- Report to the Project Fabrication Manager all HSE and delay issues, and propose recovery plans if necessary
- Interface with Client Representative on Yard
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Project Fabrication Manager as required
- Assist to the pre-production meetings
- Follow all technical interfaces with fabrication Yard and project engineering during the whole course of the project
- Interface regularly with the engineering project team, the logistic/supply chain project team in order to ensure free-issued drawings, material and equipment, necessary for the scope he or she is responsible for, is delivered at the agreed required date for fabrication
- Follow closely Fabricator procurement to ensure fabrication will be happening continuously. Raise awareness of Fabricator in potential schedule impacts and work with Fabricator to put in place mitigation or recovery measures
- Follow the readiness process for Client, and Yard to have everything set-up prior to each critical step of the fabrication (PPM, WPQTs, Fabrication start, Piping welding start, FAT start, Load out)
- Follow welding & Non Destructive Tests (NDT) qualification process: qualification of welding & NDT procedures, qualification of Yard operators. Drive readiness of the documentation to allow the start of the fabrication activities
- Follow-up and witness fabrication of equipment and associated traceability - in agreement with Quality Control (QC)
- Follow Qualifications, Fabrication/Assembly, FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), load out and sea-fastening
- Anticipate future main activities and support the different parties to ensure readiness for said activities.
- Organize other Project subcontractors work on Yard and in coordination with Fabricator: for instance, field joint coating applicator, valves technicians, external specialized welding contractor, etc.
- Assist SIT as and when required
- Follow the completion of the punch lists and ensure the structures, rigging and sea fastening are ready in order to minimize offshore operation time
- Promote HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) aspects during the preparation and the execution of the fabrication, the testing, the load out and sea-fastening activities
- Ensure findings and actions following PHA (Preliminary Hazard Analysis) and HIRAs (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment) level 1 have been implemented in Project specifications and Yard procedures
- Follow HIRA level 2 performed on fabrication Yard, and ensure HIRA actions follow up and close out, in conjunction with the Site HSE advisor and Site Representative
- Ensure HIRA level 3 is performed
- Alert Project team and HSE Site Advisor about any HSE issue occurring
- Support QC team
- Ensure that the Non Conformance Reports (NCR) are properly issued to engineering, assist with resolution and follow through to closeout. Facilitate and participate in the answer to these NCRs. Ensure that corrective actions are implemented and incorporated in the different procedures and drawings to be included in the As-built Dossier
- Interface with Project Fabrication Team at Office, Project Material Trackers and Yard to ensure the proper material is used at the right location
- Ensure material and equipment is stored as per Project requirement and Vendor procedures
- Participate actively in the material reconciliation effort, allowing the office team to know what material is remaining on site at all times.
- Alert Site Representative, QC (Quality Control) and Project Management Team (PMT) about any QA/QC issue occurring
- Ensure Fabricator complies with Hold and Witness points agreed in the ITP during the project.
- Ensure Sail-Away and As-built dossiers are consolidated (in agreement with QC)
- Review, understand fabrications drawings and specifications to spot potential issues
- Review and comment Yard documentation to ensure compliance with project requirements, including drawings, ITP, schedules, fabrication sequence, FAT and SIT procedures, load out procedures, etc.
- Interface with Office Project Engineers for any technical matter, related to material, drawings, welding/NDT, coating/painting/FJC,
- Ensure that the Technical Queries (TQ) and Request For Deviation (RFD) are properly and timely issued to engineering and answered by the Engineering team and/or the Client the shortest timeframe possible.
- Facilitate and participate in the answer to these TQs and RFDs. Ensure that answers are implemented in the different procedures and drawings incorporated in the As-built Dossier
- Contribute to fabrication completion report & lessons learnt at the end of the project
- Monitor fabrication schedule from Fabricator, check adequacy with project schedule and advise Project Fabrication Manager of any clash or slippage.
- Prepare one-month look-ahead micro-management schedules to organize day-to-day work and expected progress
- Provide progress feedback to PMT
- Assist project subcontractors' activities and report their progress and activities to PMT
- Follow time sheet reporting system to record reimbursable Yard activities or other Projects subcontractors' activities
- Prepare daily reports to issue to PMT
- Compile and follow the close out of mechanical completion punch list items to ensure completion of all items as per projects and offshore requirements.
- Construct, monitor and maintain the detailed activity schedule linked to the mechanical completion punch list.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS