Mission/core purpose of the job
To undertake front of house and administrative duties whilst ensuring the efficient management of all aspects of meeting room booking and servicing. To present at all-times a professional image of the entreprise to all visitors and individuals contacting the company. This role will also be responsible for overseeing company flight bookings and visa applications and will be required to assist the Head of HR with administrative support.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Staff Leadership and Management
- Ability to work in a team
- Responsible for self-learning and development
- Ensure cohesive working with their functional area
- Accountable for meeting and prioritising own targets/deadlines
- Provide information to line manager on work accomplishments, individual/team challenges
- Lead team meetings and contribute on specialist/technical areas when required
Adhoc and Operational Meeting
- Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on departmental results.
- Set up and manage adhoc meetings for day to day operational requirements as and when required
- Resolve escalations as per defined escalation/resolution procedures
- Design and implement operational changes and provide associated user impact assessment
Improve productivity and quality through leading practice initiatives
Provide inputs to the line manager (as required) relating to progress made within the department and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organisation
Reception and Office Administration
- Be the first point of contact for all telephone enquiries and ensure all messages are conveyed efficiently to the relevant team members
- Greet and process all visitors to the office, offering refreshments as required
- Manage and coordinate all meeting room bookings
- Order stationery, groceries or any other items under the direction of the Head of HR
- To be responsible for and oversee all company flight bookings ensuring that the necessary approvals have been obtained, optimal routes have been proposed and selected and all details are tracked and recorded.
- At month end, to ensure that all bookings are reconciled
- To be responsible for and oversee all company visa applications for all HT employees and visitors ensuring that the necessary approvals have been sought.
- Work closely with the Head of HR to assist with general HR administration and recruitment, including new starter's preparation and induction, compiling contracts of employment, on-boarding pre-employment checks, exit interviews etc.
- To be the HR point of contact for all HR and training related questions from employees and line managers, escalating more complex queries as required.
- Manage payroll administration
- Ensure that corporate forms, policies and process documents are accessible on the shared drive
- Be the first point of contact for general HR enquiries
- Manage the joiner/leaver process, contractual changes, producing new contracts and conducting exit interviews
- Manage and monitor probation process for all new hires
- Advise on best practice recruitment and selection methods
- Manage the full end to end recruitment process for permanent, FTC and contractors - placing adverts, shortlisting candidates, carrying out interviews
- Have a good understanding and view of the external recruitment market
- Manage the offer process - prepare offer letters and employment contracts both for the Senegal, ensuring that the recruitment procedures are adhered to.
- Update HR sections of staff intranet
- Manage day-to-day operations for the Dakar office
- Put forward ideas and suggestions to improve process and working practises
- To be a SuccessFactors Superuser and be responsible for ensuring data integrity on the systems.
- Provide ongoing support to all employees on how to effectively use SuccessFactors
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure process, policies and procedures are followed
- Demonstrate the HT values
- Value created through stakeholder engagement
Value created from improving process
Job Specification/Minimum and preferred Requirements
- Education / Business Degree: Educated to degree level
Work Experience: Minimum 3 years' relevant experience in HR and office administration
- Stakeholder management
- Employee relations
- Office administration
- MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Results orientated
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving